Laptop slow all of a sudden, help pls

kikiribukiriki

Estimable
Mar 13, 2015
My laptop screen has a white line crossing from top to buttom through the middle, if you move it or press under the screen the line either disappears or more appear, so I took it a couple weeks ago with a technitian near by for check. He took off the screen, checked it and put it back again, he concluded that the problem was the screen and needed to be replaced by an exact model. Anyways we had to ask for the new screen to be supplied from somwere else and it has arrived yet.

So to make long story short (already did), when I got home that day and tried my laptop, it was slower than normal and the pc games I normally play on it were really laggy, even with graphics at minimum, which it never did before. Its been like this until now. So my question is, while the technitian wwas working on my laptop screen I left for about half an hour to do some other errands, is it possible that he couldve extracted my laptops Core i5 hardware (which he seemed excited to see on my laptop for some reason, bit paranoid ik) and place in something else, such as an older Core i3 or so? Or could he have done the same with the graphic cards my laptop has? Im not an expert on this so if the question sounds a bit dumb pls dont lauph, thx :)

Ps. my laptop is a vaio model sve14ae13u, product name sve14a25clb

CPU: Core i5-3210M, 2.50GHz with turbo boost up to 3.10GHz

Graphic Cards: Intel Graphics 4000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 7670M, 1GB