Laptop sometimes takes long time to start

ssupnic

Commendable
Jul 7, 2016
Hi i have an old laptop Acer Aspire 4540, sometimes when i turn it on, the power light indicator is turned on but the laptop itself won't turned on, like just blank screen, nothing, and i decided to just wait, and suddenly after waiting for 30-more minutes it turned on itself. I've tried fn+f7, replacing the battery, and nothing wrong with shutting it down before (some says that it's stuck between sleep/turn on, like machine is on but screen is sleep), and i'm really curious why this happen? how to fix it so i don't have to wait for unknown time

hang-the-9

Titan
Attach an external monitor to the laptop, see if that screen comes up normally.

Try removing the battery, unplug from wall power and hold in the power button for 30 seconds, see if that helps. Did you try different RAM? Maybe a failing hard drive also.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 15
J Laptop Tech Support 10
A Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 6
S Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 4
G Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 16
M Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
I Laptop Tech Support 17
V Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
Q Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Question My laptop takes too long to open
Question Laptop Built in battery plugged in suddenly reboots and it takes long to start again...battery showing 99% before it reboots
Question Acer laptop, Flickering black screen takes too long to load BEFORE Acer logo
My laptop has 100% percent but when i take the charger out it turns off and when i put my charger back in it turns on. How to
Solved! Laptop takes hours to turn on
Solved! My laptop doesnt start up. It goes into diagnostics and then repairing disk errors, this might take iver an hour to complete.
My laptop is not taking windows cd and drive even the window in cd or drive is right
Laptop only boots after taking battery out holding power button and repeating a few times. **HELP**
My Acer laptop 5570z won't come on and if I take out the battery and put it back and plug in charger after holding button , is
After every shutdown i have to take out the hdd to start my laptop properly bcoz if i dont do that is is going to try to repai
Taking screen shots on Medion Akoya laptop
New laptop takes 10 mins to boot up
How do you take out a built in battery on a laptop
My Lenovo G45-50 laptop started taking longer and longer to boot up. I now will not boot up at all. The power light keeps goin
my lenovo g-50 donot take charging .when i start my laptop wihout battery direct with charger then it start for some time (
Lenovo Z500 laptop taking forever to start
Laptop takes too long while starting up
my laptop take charge but when press for start button its become off.solutions
New Laptop, extremely slow, starting it up takes for ever. Windows 8, its a HP ENvy. what do I do?
Hi guys please help mh laptop wont Start.. it shows words then Error on Hard disk...now it takes me to Recovery Manager.... i

ASK THE COMMUNITY