Mar 8, 2022
i have been using this ASUS ROG gaming lap (1050Ti, 8gb ram ) for like 3-4 years now. It worked fine untill last november.
The problem im having right now is, my lap is fully charged and is plugged in, i launch a game (valorant in this case), and suddenly the charging stops and starts again, like the charging stops for 10 secs and charges for 3secs and again stops charging for 10 secs, and the battery is also reducing very quick since the game is ON. eventually after 30 mins, the lap runs out of battery and shuts down.
I have changed the battery, charger, cleaned the fan, updated drivers and everything i can possible do. I even removed the back frame of the lap so the lap can get more air flow or the heat might reduce. (atleast that's what i thought). Anyways nothing has fixed the issue.

Also from last november, when i launch the game, the issue started only after 30 mins, like there will no be no issue in charging for the first 30 mins and then after 30 mins the discharging starts and battery runs out and shuts down. But now the issue starts as soon as i launch the game. Idek what to do anymore.

Other info - When I am not playing game, everything is working fine. The problem starts when i launch "any" game, and every game i play is in low-graphic settings and i changed all possible nvidia settings as well. One of my frnd has the same laptop and we bought it at the same and he doesn't have this issue and plays the same games as i do. literally tried everything bruh, I need help.

I checked the task manager when the game in ON and battery was reducing, it showed "High Power Usage" for the game that was running.

I also took a batter report by running powercfg /batteryreport /output "C:\battery_report.html" in cmd , The link for the screenshot of the batter report - Battery Report

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2022
how old is the battery could be going bad ?
thanks for replying!
well i changed the battery last november, sorry i forgot to mention it in the post
Also i didn't buy the original battery from ASUS coz it was kinda expensive at that time so i bought a chinese version (it had the same power watt specs or idk what its called )
Do you think battery will be the issue ?
Coz if so the battery should be draining / reducing when im not gaming also right ? atleast that's what i think, i maybe wrong

Also here is the battery report screenshot if you wanna have a look - Battery Report

Last edited:
thanks for replying!
well i changed the battery last november, sorry i forgot to mention it in the post
Also i didn't buy the original battery from ASUS coz it was kinda expensive at that time so i bought a chinese version (it had the same power watt specs or idk what its called )
Do you think battery will be the issue ?
Coz if so the battery should be draining / reducing when im not gaming also right ? atleast that's what i think, i maybe wrong

Also here is the battery report screenshot if you wanna have a look - Battery Report

Yes a cheaper battery can fail a lot faster than an OEM one. Is the charger the original one that came with the laptop? If it does not provide enough power during use the battery will be drained.

Mar 8, 2022
Yes a cheaper battery can fail a lot faster than an OEM one. Is the charger the original one that came with the laptop? If it does not provide enough power during use the battery will be drained.
Yes i have the original charger but i even tried using my friends charger (he has the same lap as mine) and nothing worked.

Anyways i just changed the battery, bought a new Original One from Asus official Service center. I will update after 2 days if the issue is fixed permanently or not.

Also the fact that i got 6 month warranty for a Chinese Battery but the Asus official one only provides 3 month warranty is a joke.

Mar 8, 2022
I have changed my battery, a new one from official ASUS store and still i have the issue. The issue might be coz something wrong with my motherboard ??