Laptop takesforever to load webpages

Towahn

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
First, sorry if this is posted in the wrong place i wasnt sure.

I have an acer aspire 5253-BZ656
AMD Dual-Core Processor C-50
AMD Radeon HD 6250
4GB DDR3 Memory
500GB HDD

The problem is that my laptop will not load webpages quickly, or even at all at times.
i have tried defraging clearing temp files, cookies ect most of the basics but nothing has helped i use chrome and check for updates often. I became frustrated and did the option to restore the laptop to its original factory settings thinking a clean start would help, i was wrong now i dont know what else to do.

Solution
Sadly to say, Windows 7 and AVG is a quite heavy combination for a 1 GHz dual core laptop. If changing the browser to Firefox doesn't help, then the solution is most likely a new laptop. Wish I could be more helpful, but your hardware is outdated. Cheers and good luck.

Shneiky

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
That dual core processor is frankly, as powerful as an expensive smarphone. Running the OS is already taking much of its power. Try using Firefox, as Firefox is a lot easier on the hardware resources than Chrome.

Also: what OS are you running? Do you have an anti-virus? Few malwares or a virus can easily kill such a machine.

Shneiky

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
Sadly to say, Windows 7 and AVG is a quite heavy combination for a 1 GHz dual core laptop. If changing the browser to Firefox doesn't help, then the solution is most likely a new laptop. Wish I could be more helpful, but your hardware is outdated. Cheers and good luck.

Solution