Laptop & Touch Pad freeze when pressing Caps Lock.

outmach

Estimable
Jul 29, 2014
Hey!

This problem started a couple days ago. I can't remember doing anything that would have caused it. All google searches on the matter have turned up with the caps lock not turning off. Definitely not my issue.

When the Caps Lock key is pressed, the keyboard and touch pad freeze. I've opened up notepad and tested it and "42+" shows up. Also on the desktop, the computer will select all icons on the screen. It is a windows 8 and [urlExt=goo.gl/o48Dmi]this is the laptop[/urlExt].

It might have something to do with chrome? That's where it first happened. It put me in full-screen mode and the console came up. Couldn't get out of it or type at all. I don't think so, though. The problem persists outside of chrome.

Admittedly, the laptop itself isn't the best piece of tech I've had and has other problems. That's another issue, though. I've tried about every way I can think of to get out of it. The only way to restore the computer is to hard shutdown.

I just tried plugging in another keyboard. When I press Caps Lock, it does the same thing— BUT I can get out of it with the additional keyboard by pressing Caps Lock again. It also shuts off wifi?

At a loss here. Normally I can find a solution.

Any ideas?

Solution
did you try going to acer download site and trying to download the trackpad driver again, I have came a cross some of these issues before my self, those weird stuff that just seem to happen, it almost usually end up in driver or firmware issue, further more call asus support in your area and ask them about the issue.
for example in my current laptop, when turning usb charge on in the bios the keyboard starts typing random stuff by itself and the mouse jump around. had to take the laptop to the service center and they have replaced the trackpad and keyboard which fixed the issue.

fastwing76

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
did you try going to acer download site and trying to download the trackpad driver again, I have came a cross some of these issues before my self, those weird stuff that just seem to happen, it almost usually end up in driver or firmware issue, further more call asus support in your area and ask them about the issue.
for example in my current laptop, when turning usb charge on in the bios the keyboard starts typing random stuff by itself and the mouse jump around. had to take the laptop to the service center and they have replaced the trackpad and keyboard which fixed the issue.

Solution