Commendable
Jan 1, 2017
I have an HP Pavillion 15, with specifications of:
Intel i5 inside @ 1.60 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M
15.6" screen
500 GB Hard-drive
Windows 8 (previously Windows 10)

It all started one day when I dropped milk on my laptop. I took it to the store right away and they alledgedly cleaned it and everything. Later on, around 6 months later, I started bluescreening. Something along the lines of nv-----.sys crashed over snd over. Later, I got a corrupt (C: ) drive, so I formatted my laptop. Two days later, It crashed and I wasn't able to even restore it. I would spam F11, get a "Please Wait" screen, then it goes full black. Nothing ever happened after. I couldn't boot it up since todsy morning, and can't seem to be able to find s fix. Please keep changing my hard drive a last resort.

Thanks,
- Jack

Jack Wemble

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017

Thank you for the reply! I was also wondering, do you think the partition drive is also dead because I cant restore through F11.
I also heard that I can create a recovery drive off someone else's laptop, which I can. Do you think it will fiz the issue?

Thsnks again,
Jack

You would need to run checks of the hard drive to be sure. There are many programs out there that you can check it with.

On your computer itself, should already be there, go to command prompt (Start... search bar... type in "cmd" (without the quotes).. right click on cmd in the list and then choose to run as administrator). When it launches type "help chkdsk" (with the space and again without the quotes) It will give you a list of options that chkdsk can use. Follow those by then typing in "chkdsk /?" (not ? but your choice from the options list) (and yes with the space and no quotes).