my laptop's wi-fi is not working, and it has a desktop connection icon on the taskbar, i don't know how to get it back to connect to wi-fi again.
It only connects using an ethernet cable, can somebody help me?
Thanks in advance.
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to disconnect the internet cable from the laptop then uninstall/reinstall the wifi adapter.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Wifi adapter.
- Once uninstalled, reboot the laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- After the reboot do try connecting to your wireless network again.
- If all these will not work, do also make sure that the wireless adapter is enabled. Depending the the model of your laptop there should be key combinations on how to enable/disable it.
This has happened to me twice and I have fixed them. What I did might work for you if nothing else works. Just reboot or restart your wifi box. You will have to do this every time when it happens but it lasts about 3 months