Note: If this problem started after an update, please make sure the laptop is not connected to the internet in any way before you use the following instructions.
Try the following...
1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.
NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep your data, but any programs installed will be lost.
Do not do a "Reset" as that will wipe all data you have on the laptop.
It started once I tried to reset my pc(got a 'unable to restart pc' error) and turned it off. Now it just goes to the acer screen, and restarts before anything else loads up, other than the backlit screen.