Laptop wont start after removing custom icons!

Mariusgt

Honorable
May 23, 2013
Hey,

I downloaded a Alienware theme, but couldnt get rid of the icons. So I downloaded something from Deviantart, I read on the forum, cant remember link, that if I had service pack 1, I could use it and remove the icons. So I opened it up, and followed the steps (in cmd thing) where it asked me if i wanted to restore to default icons. I said Yes. Now it needed a reboot it said, I did. But while rebooting this comes up:

Name: LogonUI.exe - System error

Message: The program can't start because SHELL32.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

And when I hit OK, this happens:

Picture: http://i.imgur.com/rXRazoU.jpg

Taken with phone, sorry quality, it says Windows Ultimate. Its the normal screen, but it is black, and I cant acess my desktop. PLEASE HELP ME. I have no clue what to do! I will try looking for the links where I read it, and where i downloaded it, it was deviantart, but will find link as said.

Solution
Okay 1) what happens when you try SAFE MODE? Can you get desktop then?
2) if so, do a system RESTORE to the Restore Point before you did this change.
3) Insert your Windows DVD, boot from DVD (option F2/F12, etc. from your BIOS screen on POWER UP), and follow the wizard to REPAIR your Windows Install if (1) doesn't work
4) Reinstall Windows with a clean format the HDD install.
Okay 1) what happens when you try SAFE MODE? Can you get desktop then?
2) if so, do a system RESTORE to the Restore Point before you did this change.
3) Insert your Windows DVD, boot from DVD (option F2/F12, etc. from your BIOS screen on POWER UP), and follow the wizard to REPAIR your Windows Install if (1) doesn't work
4) Reinstall Windows with a clean format the HDD install.

Solution