i got a laptop, and when u turn it on, it does nothing. and when i unplugged the power supply the light was solid. so i decided to see if the part where the charger comes through is messed up. so i tore through and when u unplug the dc jack from the motherboard, the power supply is solid again. so my guess is its the motherboard being messed up, or the connections between the dc jack connector ON the motherboard and the motherboard itself. am i right in making that assumption.
Here are some troubleshooting steps that I suggested to others that may help.
- First is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery an unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it will still not boot up, remove the battery off the laptop then connect just the AC adapter and see if it will boot up or not.
- Do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage.
- Next to try is to reseat the RAM's, remove then all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- Do also test each RAM's stick one at a time chances 1 RAM stick is just faulty.
- Another test would be to connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it or not.
- And if all these will not work that means the motherboard is the problem already.