Laptop wont turn on what so ever

Issa_issa

Commendable
Jun 14, 2016
Hi so i have a asus rog GL752VW-DH71 the laptop is very nice and what not and i was using it perfectly yesterday when i came to turn it on today it wont turn on what so ever like no lights indicates no hard drive writing sound no sound whats so ever like i didnt do anything i tried to press the power button for 60 seconds and re plug the charge and press it again nothing happened the charger works i tested it on another laptop.. the laptop have a built in battery so i cant remove it i really need help on this please

Solution
I'm getting the impression you're not up to tackling this yourself, but only you can decide that. If the laptop is still under warranty, you could send it in and probably get it fixed for free. Maybe you'll get lucky when you get home, and it will power up just fine. Stranger things have been known to happen.

Or perhaps someone will come along here with other ideas. I was just trying to expand on Laptop_Nerd's suggestion regarding disassembly.
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Here's a video guide on how to disassemble the laptop. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3UkbZvNHqE
- First is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery an unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it will still not boot up, remove the battery off the laptop then connect just the AC adapter and see if it will boot up or not.
- Do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage.
- Next to try is to reseat the RAM's, remove then all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- Do also test each RAM's stick one at a time chances 1 RAM stick is just faulty.
- Another test would be to connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it or not.
- And if all these will not work that means the motherboard is the problem already.

Issa_issa

Commendable
Jun 14, 2016
Ok thqnk for reply but the video only shows how to insert an ssd i cant see where the battery is and how to safely remove it and how can i remove the ram sticks and where to find them

The video did show where the RAM sticks are. The guy even added a stick of RAM. They are what he is working on after installing the SSD (right next to it). But you are correct, it doesn't show how to get to the battery.

I couldn't find another disassembly video, but this MIGHT help: http://laptopmedia.com/highlights/inside-asus-rog-gl752vw-disassembly-internal-photos-and-upgrade-guide/

Issa_issa

Commendable
Jun 14, 2016

After you pry off the keyboard deck, the battery is located just above those 2 silver circles (which are the speakers). I added the red arrows in both pictures. They point to the battery. :D

battery%20location%201.jpg
[/URL][/img]

battery%202a.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Issa_issa

Commendable
Jun 14, 2016
Ok thats a bit deep can a simple guy like me reach there without doing any mistakes and is dissembling the device untill there is dangerous... i dont want to take the laptop for a repair shop to rip me off for something that may not work

I'm getting the impression you're not up to tackling this yourself, but only you can decide that. If the laptop is still under warranty, you could send it in and probably get it fixed for free. Maybe you'll get lucky when you get home, and it will power up just fine. Stranger things have been known to happen.

Or perhaps someone will come along here with other ideas. I was just trying to expand on Laptop_Nerd's suggestion regarding disassembly.

Solution

Issa_issa

Commendable
Jun 14, 2016
I dont have any asus official stores in my country i shopped the laptop on amazon and i don't know the process of shipping it back and international shipping will take alot of money and what not thank you soo much both for the help i really appreciate your help i will check if i can do it when i go home and update you with the results