Laptop won't wake from mouse or keyboard input.

kol12

Estimable
Jan 26, 2015
I have a laptop on Win 10 that won't wake from either the mouse or keyboard. I've had a good look through the power options but can't find anything that would be causing this. It does wake from the power button.

Also do laptops tend to be better shutdown at night rather than left in sleep mode?

Solution
it is still best practice to shut the laptop down regularly.

try this

Power Options (select your power plan. balanced, high, etc) > USB Settings > Disable “USB selective suspend settings”

gareththegiant

Estimable
Dec 15, 2015
Device Manger - Mice and Pointing Device - Right Click on the Mouse - select properties - Under the tab Power Management you will see the "Allow this device to wake up the computer " Check that , apply and save the setting.

You should shut down the laptop at night as it will allow the system to rest which will save mechanical components such as fan bearings. It will also allow updates to install.

kol12

Estimable
Jan 26, 2015

Hi, the particular setting you've mentioned already has a tick mark in it.

The laptop does go into sleep mode it's not left running.

gareththegiant

Estimable
Dec 15, 2015
it is still best practice to shut the laptop down regularly.

try this

Power Options (select your power plan. balanced, high, etc) > USB Settings > Disable “USB selective suspend settings”

Solution

kol12

Estimable
Jan 26, 2015

Thanks I will try that. I should note that I'm using a "power4gear" power plan, I think it's an app included with the laptop.