Solved! Laptops from cyberpowerpc.com

reignsupreme11

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
simple question.

is cyberpowerpc.com a good option for buying a university laptop? they have powerful, customizable pcs but:

are they well put together?
do they have (good) warranties?
do they have good customer support/service?
are their batteries junk?

these should sum up all my questions.

thanks in advance!

Solution
Hello reignsupreme11;

cyberpowerpc.com / ibuypower.com are pretty decent overall.
I personally think XoticPC has better prices and customer support. And the support/service/warranties should all be equal as most of the boutique builders (custom) use Sager/Clevo hardware.
Some other boutique builders: AVADirect / Maingear / Origin / Digital Storm / Falcon Northwest / Sager Notebook
Hello reignsupreme11;

cyberpowerpc.com / ibuypower.com are pretty decent overall.
I personally think XoticPC has better prices and customer support. And the support/service/warranties should all be equal as most of the boutique builders (custom) use Sager/Clevo hardware.
Some other boutique builders: AVADirect / Maingear / Origin / Digital Storm / Falcon Northwest / Sager Notebook

Solution

reignsupreme11

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
thanks for the website recommendation though i find that that cyberpowerpc has better prices for what i am looking for. i want a laptop for university, which will include occasional gaming and much multitasking. i am looking in the 700-900$ price range. if you have a recommendation that'd be great, but i also have a question:

on XoticPC they have the estimated battery hour life listed and for many of them they seem very low (<5 hours). is this above/below or at the industry standard for a laptop of that calibre?

What you are looking for didn't have the Pricematch option @ XoticPC?
pm1g.png

The 'list price' isn't always the price you'll end up paying. Buying a custom gaming laptop can be a lot like buying a car.

Battery life also a lot like a car. Your mileage may vary based on how you drive.
Cyberpower/XoticPC are likely to have identical batteries and battery life for the same model/parts/optoins - since they are, in fact identical parts internally.

reignsupreme11

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009

cyberpowerpc and xoticpc don't sell the same brands so i didn't think i could price match. all of the laptops i am looking for on cyber are "xplorer" brand and the ones on xoticpc are asus, force or sager brand.

of these 4 brands, are any better or worse as far as build qualitym reliability and customer service?

also, if i am looking for a custom gaming pc for ~800$ CAD, am i right in saying that i am looking in the right place when i go on one of these 2 sites?

Yes they do. "xplorer" = Sager/Clevo. xplorer is just a 'house brand'.

Xplorer_X6-7300 = Clevo W150HN = SAGER NP5160

You can do some limited customizing of Dell & HP laptops but I think you're in the right place to get the best bang for your buck.