Laptops screen turns off when windows loading.

mtzymonster

Prominent
Jul 2, 2017
Hey guys, so I have an old laptop (lenovo ideapad y560). Everytime I try to boot it , windows start loading then suddenly the screen goes black, completely turned off, keyboards remains open tho. Any ideas?
It runs windows 10 in case that's need.
Thanks in advance

Solution
Is there any data on there or programs you need to keep? If not try a reset using the advanced options from the screenshot you posted.
Do you have access to another PC and have a blank CD-R disk? Download Seatools for DOS, burn it to disk and boot from it. Run short tests, then long tests on the hard drive. Any errors means the drive is failing.

mtzymonster

Prominent
Jul 2, 2017
@BadAsAl http://prntscr.com/hdbwkm that's what I get after I try to boot it on safe mode. Unfortunatly there isn't a external monitor to use atm . It's a laptop my parents used to use, looks pretty destroyed :p
@Louise Porkolt Yeah, It completely shuts down after few minutes if im not mistaken

BadAsAl

Distinguished
Is there any data on there or programs you need to keep? If not try a reset using the advanced options from the screenshot you posted.
Do you have access to another PC and have a blank CD-R disk? Download Seatools for DOS, burn it to disk and boot from it. Run short tests, then long tests on the hard drive. Any errors means the drive is failing.

Solution