Laptot Started to overheat

Khaleo

Commendable
Aug 2, 2016
I bought an notebook from dell a year ago, but only started using it now, I installed some games and the fans got really noisy while playing, but no problem so far.
The problem started when the fans stopped getting noisy while playing, the computer overheats and turns off. the fans are working but they dont seem to recognize when they need to work "faster". so i cant play a game for five minutes that the core temperature reaches 100 °c. What can I do ?

I already cleaned the fans.

bboiprfsr

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
1. buy a laptop cooler.
2. understand laptops aren't designed for gaming performance. they're built for portability (light weight / compact) and energy efficiency (compromised performance / battery conscious). Because the components are compact, it's easy to overheat if you push it to "gaming" workloads. Desktops have more power, cooling, and the capacity to play games. Thus play games on desktop, and avoid gaming on dell laptops unless it's well ventilated, like an alienware gaming laptop. (lol)
3. fans do spin faster gradually due to temperature sensors. however, if the cpu or memory gets overloaded, it can either crash or overheat, causing a systematic shut down to prevent physical damage.
4. what can you do? know your limits. i played a couple games on my laptop during college and spent $100s of dollars in repair due to a fried motherboard thanks to my integrated graphics card overheating the system. Laptops are bad at ventilation. It's better to bear that in mind and just use laptops for productive use, such as typing documents, email, youtube and casual social media.
5. ever notice why "gaming desktops" are a thing? you see big graphics cards, several case fans, liquid cooling or cpu coolers with big heat sinks / heatpipes to dissipate the heated components in the pc. even desktops struggle with maintaining the system under comfortable temperature ranges, so what makes you think gaming on a laptop w/ only a single fan along with minimum cooling components is sufficient for gaming? just food for thought.

Khaleo

Commendable
Aug 2, 2016

My problem is with number 3, my fans are not spinig faster, they spin the same with nothing open and with CoD open.