Laserdisc Player Question - Thinking about purchasing

retro80s

Distinguished
May 19, 2009
I am thinking about purchasing a person's laserdisc collection, and I was hoping if I could get some advice from those that are familiar with them. There is a person that is offering his laserdisc collection consisiting of about 132 movies and two players. The two players are a Sony MDP-500 Dual sided player and a Pioneer CLD-3030 single sided player. He says that both players work. Of course I told him that I would want to first test out the players before I made a decision to buy or not. There are only about 35-40 of the movies that my wife and I are interested in. He says he would like to get $200 but will consider an offer if I make it. Based on the players he is offering, is his price fair? Assuming both players work, if his price is not fair, what would be a fair price to offer? The reason he says he is selling is that he is in the military and is moving. He says that there is a weight limit of what they will move and he is having to downsize as a result.

retro80s

Distinguished
May 19, 2009

I just realized that there was a place for issues regarding laserdisc players. This is my first post on here so I do not know if it is possible to move this post to the correct thread. If a moderator can do this, then please do so.
Thanks