Last Player Falls; Halo 2 Online is Officially Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatedtodie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
Maybe they like living in the past with graphics that are crap. Or maybe they have not realized that they are not in high school any more and having a "11 pm bed time" is not cool.

Or maybe they are insane and have not realized THERE IS LIFE AFTER HALO, GET OVER IT YOU FREAKIN MORONS.

/rant

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
[citation][nom]fatedtodie[/nom]Maybe they like living in the past with graphics that are crap. Or maybe they have not realized that they are not in high school any more and having a "11 pm bed time" is not cool.Or maybe they are insane and have not realized THERE IS LIFE AFTER HALO, GET OVER IT YOU FREAKIN MORONS./rant[/citation]
Or maybe they were having a good laugh, keeping a game they enjoyed alive, for little cost to their lives? A lot of people prefer older games. For instance, Counter Strike is still more well known than Counter Strike: Source.

I don't see where you're coming from attacking them so much.

poseidon2112

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2009
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]I still play the original (1993) Master of Orion regularly and I'd be pretty pissed off if someone told me I couldn't play it anymore.[/citation]

I was going to say exactly that. I still play old games. I think older games are better than most of the newer versions that come out. And I too still play MoO2 using DosBox onine.

This is why I prefer computer games without a central server. If I want to start my own Unreal Tournament (or insert other classic pc game here) server to play against people, i can.

Remember Heat? I wish there was still a service like that which provided the framework for IPX network games.

hellscook

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2008
Maybe they were sold a game that included online play and like to keep playing it as it was offered. I still play online games from over a decade ago and I would be pretty mad if suddenly the online play function stopped working.

THEfog101

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
Agreed, i still play what is in my opinion is the best RTS ever, Age of Empires 2, sadly the last of the official servers hosting it went down a few years back

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I preferred H2 over H3...
Then again, I prefer a mouse and keyboard.

Would be nice if all online games offered both official and unofficial dedicated and non-dedicated server options.

isamuelson

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008
[citation][nom]insider3[/nom]That was nice of Microsoft to do that.[/citation]
Yeah, and it's only worth it if those people have an XB360. If they don't, then it's worth nothing.

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
[citation][nom]thefog101[/nom]Agreed, i still play what is in my opinion is the best RTS ever, Age of Empires 2, sadly the last of the official servers hosting it went down a few years back[/citation]

Wow I still play that game to and enjoyed building my own maps which are far more easy than AOE3. It is a shame that the AI isn't that good when it comes to islands.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]Clintonio[/nom]Or maybe they were having a good laugh, keeping a game they enjoyed alive, for little cost to their lives? A lot of people prefer older games. For instance, Counter Strike is still more well known than Counter Strike: Source.I don't see where you're coming from attacking them so much.[/citation]

No not really, CS 1.6 is pretty much dying.

And btw CSS isnt exactly a new game.

scott_madison1

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
I know several people who still play everquest online and that came out in 99. World of warcraft is over 5 years old now, I'd be lost if they turned those servers off!

Status
Not open for further replies.