Law Proposed to Track All Pre-paid Cell Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlec

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Lol yeah this is some pretty racist stuff right here. While I've known a lot of black friends to sell pot(etc) that is still profiling. Anyways in regards to the content of the text I hear the groans of drug dealers everywhere(of ALL skin colors). Which isn't exactly a bad thing as far as the dealing of controlled substances and the crime associated with it. However I see the inter-country dealing of marijuana as a grey area.

G

So the next guy will just use a pay phone or maybe even `borrow` a phone from someone when they aren't looking. There are plenty of other contact mediums as well. Why should the rest of us suffer? This bill is just as bad as DRM.

Glorian

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2008
I like this idea. I can see how this might upset the few who love prepaid phones, but if you are a law abiding citizen then you have nothing to worry about. But what is gonna stop if they use some pawn to buy the phone? What are the charges for purchasing a prepaid phone used in a crime? Maybe it will still help.

Raid3r

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
I just see this as another attack on anonymity, such as the hot question for the internet to allow anonymous users or not...you can't have freedom without the free..but it also seems you have to lose it all before people as a whole care.

Raid3r

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
yes glorian same ol meme everybody who thinks they are above the law has..if your innocent why do you care that your guilty first right, your only asking for trouble.

Madhatter4

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2005
You guys are idiots regarding that picture!!!! Its from the HBO series "The Wire" and all the drug dealers in the series used prepaid cell phones to slip the NARCs

wonspur

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]madhatter4[/nom]You guys are idiots regarding that picture!!!! Its from the HBO series "The Wire" and all the drug dealers in the series used prepaid cell phones to slip the NARCs[/citation]

Im not sure a lot of people knew about that, not even i did. Its easy to take that picture out of context though lol.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Forgetting it's from a show, the interesting part is, the people complaining about the picture, are being racist, since they wouldn't have complained if white people were put there. It's not like there is a pattern.

So, in order not to be racist, you always have to show white people when it relates to something bad? Pure hypocrisy.

thejester420

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
I hate this whole, "If I'm a law abiding citizen I have nothing to hide" mentality... If your a law abiding citizen then you shouldn't be monitored...period. everyday we inch closer and closer to George Orwell's 1984.... "Those who give up liberty for security deserve neither liberty nor security" Ben Franklin

rdawise

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
[citation][nom]amabhy[/nom]wtf is up with that picture?that is racism![/citation]
[citation][nom]JerseyFirefighter[/nom]lol.. so why would you choose this photo to represent this topic? Stereotype much??? Rofl![/citation]
[citation][nom]the_krasno[/nom]If this is about the botched bombings, shouldn't the pic be of terrorists?[/citation]

When I first saw the pic I was taken back as well. Tom's uses pics that are sometimes funny, but relate to the topic. If you have never seen "The Wire" then yeah you have the same reaction.

[citation][nom]wonspur[/nom]Im not sure a lot of people knew about that, not even i did. Its easy to take that picture out of context though lol.[/citation]

[citation][nom]TA152H[/nom]Forgetting it's from a show, the interesting part is, the people complaining about the picture, are being racist, since they wouldn't have complained if white people were put there. It's not like there is a pattern.So, in order not to be racist, you always have to show white people when it relates to something bad? Pure hypocrisy.[/citation]

This is just pure idiocy and an excuse to justify any form of racism. The problem isn't the color of the people show, the problem is how it relates to the topic. "The Sopranos" used prepaid cell phones, but they weren't depicted.

Not an attack on the author as I like Jane, but maybe should have put a caption under the pic for those who don't watch the Wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.