josmil1

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2008
I am highly interested in buying a LCD TV for my room...I will be using this TV for games(PS3), and also watching movies and tv shows. My room is sort of small, and this tv will be on top of a drawer which the top of the drawer measures almost 3 feet in length, and 16 inches in width. Now one question i have is, the light to the room is right about the drawer, and the tv would basically be positioned in a diagonal way. Would this be a problem to have an lcd near the light? I am looking for either a 26 or a 32 inch tv..which would be more recommended? considering the space issues and the light bulb?

The only problem you're going to run into is if you get a high-gloss (highly reflective) screen HDTV. Screen size is really up to you, depending on just how much space you have in your room. I'm thinking (for my small bedroom) a 26" monitor/HDTV with a 1366x768 resolution and a viewing distance of about 10' would be perfect for me and my situation.

-Wolf sends

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Go 2 feet of the TV you want to buy and if you see yourself making some funny faces; if you do, :) then it's reflective.

One other solution is if you can move the TV forward enough so that light light is behind the TV but if you can't then find a TV where you can tilt forward enough so you will not see the reflection of the light.

Wolfshadw is right, the 26 inches is big enough but if you prefer or have a problem not seeing big enough frame then get the biggest TV you think it's good and afford.