Lcd tv picture moves really slow

Tony Clarkson

Estimable
Apr 25, 2014
On a 55" lcd tv by dynex, one day the picture moved really slow like frame by frame but jumping scenes trying to keep up once paused the screen would clear up with a nice picture like nothing was wrong. Once on paused it would start it again also sound works fine

Um.. I didn't see anything in the post about using a computer at all.

Regardless, you need to try two different devices to see if it is the TV itself or the input device (DVD player, PC, media player etc.)

It doesn't sound to me like the TV is the problem.

*Your description is pretty vague. Is this a DVD player watching a movie?

Tony Clarkson

Estimable
Apr 25, 2014

It's not any devices used on the tv, doesn't matter what port or what device you are watching the picture is slow almost frame by frame and when the picture is paused all othe frames before that moment goes away the curent paused pic is clear no defects in resolution or brightness,

Oh OK - it sounded to me like you were playing games on a pc using the tv as a monitor.

But if its just watching the TV, then there's something wrong with the TV. I think you need to take it backto the shop or service centre. Is it still in warranty?

Tony Clarkson

Estimable
Apr 25, 2014

I wish I could but I have had it for 4 years. As little as I could find out, it might be a timing control board. That's why I'm on here to find help

Trouble is these days when they fix a TV they just replace boards till its fixed. The TV you bought 4 years ago for $1000 now is only $500. But it can cost $450 to fix it. You might be better off with a new TV

And here we don't really do TVs. Mainly just PC Monitors - which don't have TV tuners in them.