Leaked: Specs for Google's Upcoming Nexus Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmshdw

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Only 5-megapixel camera!! $299.99? what a croc ripoff. This is so 10 years ago. iPhone had 5MP 2 years ago. Only 32GB of ROM and then I have to buy my own?? And they copied Apple for the GPU. Only droid-bots would buy this steaming pile of sh*t. Do I should like droid-hater yet??? :)

anthonyla65

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
Needs a better CPU, GPU and Camera at back. Not good enough compared to current top end smartphones. GPU is last generation, Galaxy S II HD has 1.5Ghz and 8MP Camera.

Quad Core + SGX543MP4, 1.5GB of RAM and 10MP camera would be ideal. XD

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
[citation][nom]anthonyla65[/nom]Needs a better CPU, GPU and Camera at back. Not good enough compared to current top end smartphones. GPU is last generation, Galaxy S II HD has 1.5Ghz and 8MP Camera.Quad Core + SGX543MP4, 1.5GB of RAM and 10MP camera would be ideal. XD[/citation]

You do realize that the T-mobile GS2 has a larger screen which in turn eats up more CPU cycles? It's 1.5ghz cpu does not match the speed of it's 1.2ghz (smaller screened) variants.

G

These specs were leaked two weeks ago and were confirmed likely wrong...

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
If going by yet another "leak" other than the screen it's below or inline with galaxy II as far as specs go. Not impressive. But will wait until official specs are posted.

coldmast

Distinguished
May 8, 2007
[citation][nom]tmshdw[/nom]Only 5-megapixel camera!![/citation]
There is more to photo quality then consumer friendly "megapixels".
http://petavoxel.wordpress.com/2010/01/19/mp-swindle-example/

istank

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
[citation][nom]coldmast[/nom]There is more to photo quality then consumer friendly "megapixels".http://petavoxel.wordpress.com/201 [...] e-example/[/citation]

this photo was taken with an iPhone.

masterasia

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
Well, it's not quite revolutionary, but I would love to have an Ice Cream Sandwich phone. Oh well, looking forward to the Galaxy S III

MoulaZX

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008
I am so sick of people b*tching about Megapixel count. It means nothing. The quality resides in the sensor itself and the lens used to take the picture. I can take a picture at 2MP with my Canon EOS 600D and one with my Desire HD at 8MP and the one from the DSLR would still be MILES ahead in terms of quality at any zoom level. And on top of this, by the time resize a photo taken in 8MP down to a viewable size to be posted online somewhere, it'd still look the same if you just took it at 5 or less and just posted it online without resizing.

The disappointing points about this phone is that its just a 1.2Ghz Dual Core, not the original 1.5Ghz I was hoping for, and the 1750mAh Battery instead of the 2050 one we heard, and lastly the downsized GPU =(

So pretty much a slightly beefed up Galaxy S2 with a larger capacity Battery and higher DPI screen.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]tmshdw[/nom]Only 5-megapixel camera!! $299.99? what a croc ripoff. This is so 10 years ago. iPhone had 5MP 2 years ago. Only 32GB of ROM and then I have to buy my own?? And they copied Apple for the GPU. Only droid-bots would buy this steaming pile of sh*t. Do I should like droid-hater yet??? :)[/citation]

it must be that time of the month for this chick

Status
Not open for further replies.