Kolzach

Estimable
May 24, 2015
I've had these 612's for around 5 months now but today after turning on my computer and setting the comfortable cans on my head, I came to find that the left speaker isn't making any sound. The right speaker works just fine but the left is just busted. I can't tell if it's something I can fix or if this calls for the warranty papers. Help?

Solution
could be the solder connection failed inside the headphones on the one side. this can happen if the cord is pulled to hard sometimes. if its this then its fixable though getting some headphones apart without damage is not always easy.

since its not the source and it seems like its not the cable (it could be still but hard to test without using a multimeter with continuity test with the headphones apart).

may void warranty by you doing it yourself so send them in if they have a warranty.

Kolzach

Estimable
May 24, 2015

It's neither the jack or the cable, I tested the jack with other headphones and it works fine. Twisting the cable didn't change anything either.

could be the solder connection failed inside the headphones on the one side. this can happen if the cord is pulled to hard sometimes. if its this then its fixable though getting some headphones apart without damage is not always easy.

since its not the source and it seems like its not the cable (it could be still but hard to test without using a multimeter with continuity test with the headphones apart).

may void warranty by you doing it yourself so send them in if they have a warranty.

Solution