Left speaker making weird noises, i think assume something is wrong

_Bata_

Estimable
Apr 18, 2015
So my desk is next to the window because of space issues, and i got this roller blinds. In my country it has been really windy lately and i have not been careful enough, so when i forget to close the windows, the blinds will just blow and smash down my left pc speaker on my desk, this has happened atleast 10 times in the last 3 months. Obviously i haven't been responsible with these speakers and now when i hear music like House, Rap, Lo-fi Hip Hop or anything that has strong bass, when there is loud bass my left speaker makes a weird noise, really low but enough to annoy a music addict like me. The noise is similar to what you would hear from this TV:

main-qimg-7aa2953791272b48688bbb155eefed53.webp

I repeat, it is really low and barely noticeable, but sometimes when i am really focused with the music it becomes annoying. Does this has anything to do with the side-falling speakers? Can i somehow get a partial solution?

Update: I got these budget Creative T10 Speakers

Solution
Probably a damaged voice coil in the speaker, which could be due to falling over, or just playing the music too loud. I blew out the voice coil in a Celestion G-30 by playing a bass guitar through a speaker designed for guitar. You could try to go into the equalizer settings in your music player (if it has one) and reduce the low end frequencies, but if the voice coil is damaged, you would have to get it repaired, which is only practical on very expensive speakers, not PC speakers.

mjslakeridge

Distinguished
Probably a damaged voice coil in the speaker, which could be due to falling over, or just playing the music too loud. I blew out the voice coil in a Celestion G-30 by playing a bass guitar through a speaker designed for guitar. You could try to go into the equalizer settings in your music player (if it has one) and reduce the low end frequencies, but if the voice coil is damaged, you would have to get it repaired, which is only practical on very expensive speakers, not PC speakers.

Solution

_Bata_

Estimable
Apr 18, 2015

Thank you so much for the advice!