Lenovo 710 screen crack

MyVeeTwin

Prominent
Aug 3, 2017
Hi - my daughters five month old Yoga 710 has developed a crack diagonally across the screen from top left to bottom right, adjacent to the screen. It has not been dropped, crushed or abused in any way, however the screen does seem to flex a lot if you open from the corner rather than the middle. I'm concerned because the Lenovo agent I spoke to seemed to suggest that they'd consider this "physical damage" and not covered by warranty, due to stress of regular opening of the screen. It seems to me that "regular opening of the screen" on a laptop is fairly fundamental to its use! Does anyone else have experience of this, is it a common fault?

Solution
You can argue with them until blue, and personally I agree it should not break so easily, but in the end it is determined by their rules and regs. You could try going up to someone higher than the people you get when you first call in. Can hurt to ask for a supervisor and even a supervisor's supervisor, to see if they will resolve it.
You can argue with them until blue, and personally I agree it should not break so easily, but in the end it is determined by their rules and regs. You could try going up to someone higher than the people you get when you first call in. Can hurt to ask for a supervisor and even a supervisor's supervisor, to see if they will resolve it.

Solution