lenovo doesnt give power to gpu on battery

raga70

Prominent
May 20, 2017
hello my lenovo 510 iskb 15 have a powerfull gpu and cpu but when it is on batery it just cut`s the power to my 940x and goes to intel hd graphics and also the cpu goes to some mystery power saving mode i tryed forsing my nvidia to work killing the procesor graphics changing bios
voltage overclock to the gpu

some one give me the idea to trick the laptop it is charging with some softwere or bios any one know a softwere for that google dont know

The idea about tricking it doesn't sound so great.

You should be able to, in the case of the power saving issue, go into "Control Panel" and then "Power Options". Next to the plan you are using, when running on battery, click "Change plan settings" and then click "Change advanced power settings".

In the new window that pops up, go through all the options listed and make sure nothing is set to change when running on battery only.

raga70

Prominent
May 20, 2017

it is on high prefomense but it is not helping it may be a motherbard Restriction but

Even if the main option is on "High Performance" that doesn't mean that one of the sub options isn't set to react differently. Hence my suggestion to look in the "Change advanced power settings". In there you will find individual options for most aspects of the laptop.

If there is no way to adjust it there, or nothing there helps... Here's the steps on how to set it to default. Which may resolve the issue.

1. Open the "Nvidia Control Panel".
2. Select "Manage 3D Settings" under 3D Settings.
3. Click on the "Program Settings" tab and select the program you want to choose a graphics card for from the drop down list.
4. Now select "preferred graphics processor" in the drop down list. (You can see what the automatic option is listed as global setting) If you want to use the dedicated graphics card, select High-performance Nvidia processor.

Once it is running on the right one, test the system again and see if the problem persists.

raga70

Prominent
May 20, 2017

o man i have tryed this