Lenovo E440 mobile broadband modem

tzushca

Estimable
Apr 15, 2014
I recently purchased a Lenovo E440 laptop, one of the models that doesn't have a mobile broadband modem.

The laptop has a SIM slot and I would very much want to add the modem, but the thing is I don't know which one is compatible.

After numerous searches on the internet I found this one:

http://outlet.lenovo.com/nl/nl/itemdetails/0C52883/460/5166FF91DAB5442C846A84A5FA006F9D

In the description it doesn't mention the E440, but I couldn't find another that would mention it.

So, will it be compatible with my laptop and work?

Solution
No laptop has a broadband modem inside it. What they do have (except yours) is a WiFi adapter which allows you to connect the laptop to an external wireless broadband modem or router/modem combo, or to one of the many WiFi hotspots up and down the country.

You can add WiFi capability to your laptop by buying a USB Wireless Adapter which is compatible with all laptops that have USB ports.

The item you have posted a link to is for accessing the internet through a mobile phone network. is that really what you want?
No laptop has a broadband modem inside it. What they do have (except yours) is a WiFi adapter which allows you to connect the laptop to an external wireless broadband modem or router/modem combo, or to one of the many WiFi hotspots up and down the country.

You can add WiFi capability to your laptop by buying a USB Wireless Adapter which is compatible with all laptops that have USB ports.

The item you have posted a link to is for accessing the internet through a mobile phone network. is that really what you want?

Solution