Lenovo G40-70 fail to load after bios update

Harks66

Commendable
Aug 13, 2016
Until this time I can't find any good solution for my lenovo G40-70 blank screen problem. This "nightmare" started 5days ago right after I update the BIOS version under Windows environment. In fact, downloaded the G40-70 BIOS update from Lenovo legitimate download center.
I have tried all suggestions that I read from other internet forums, but nothing come up or not even close to what is expected. I tried unplug A/C adapter & remove batt pack, long-press power button for 15-20secs then plug-in back A/C adapter, but no success. I tried detaching Mboard battery by cutting-off one leg connection towards (+)polarity. I tried attaching an external LCD monitor and then repeat same steps that I did earlier. but no one came out well.
one more option I never tried yet, I thought of extracting the BIOS IC and try by using EEPROM flasher. The only thing was I dont have the proper steps of EEPROM flashing. I hope that there's somebody can help me or share knowledge regarding this matter.

thank you in advance...

harko

Solution
Have you tried updating the drivers for the display? And you said you connected an external monitor, did you get a screen on that monitor? or was it blank as well.

If it was ok, but the attached display still only goes to black, I would suggest opening up the device and making sure the cord to the display isn't damaged, pinched, loose, etc.

If it didn't work with the external monitor either, then your graphics card may be the issue.
Have you tried updating the drivers for the display? And you said you connected an external monitor, did you get a screen on that monitor? or was it blank as well.

If it was ok, but the attached display still only goes to black, I would suggest opening up the device and making sure the cord to the display isn't damaged, pinched, loose, etc.

If it didn't work with the external monitor either, then your graphics card may be the issue.

Solution