Lenovo G480 takes too much time to open

shiro1412

Commendable
May 4, 2016
My lenovo g480 laptop takes too much time to turn on. When i turn it on, the lights (how do you call it? The lights indicating that the laptop is turned on) also turn on, but after some seconds it turns off then on then off agaib. Until it took 45 mins to finally open the laptop. What can be the problem?

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by connecting an external monitor onto your laptop and observe if the same problem will persist on it.
- If the display will come up on the external monitor but not on the built in display that could mean that the built in monitor is acting up already.
- But if the same problem will happen on the external monitor, proceed with reseating the RAM's.
- Remove all the RAM's off for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If it will still not work, do try disabling all the startup items from Task Manager.
- Lastly, reinstall Windows and see if the same problem will persist after.
-

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nyrean Laptop Tech Support 0
AbhiramReji602 Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 3
B Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
G Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 2
P Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1