Lenovo G50-70 don't start with DC only but with Battery

Benjamin32

Estimable
Jan 17, 2016
Hello,

I have a Lenovo G50-70 and have some power issues:
The battery can only be charged when the Laptop is off.
The laptop can only start with battery installed.
The laptop won't start with battery removed and power cable pluged in.
The LEDs just go on for one second and then is everything off. It is noticeable that the monitor gets power.

I already checked the voltage of the power chord - found ok, the harness inside from the jack to the mainboard - found ok, the transition from the harness plug onto the mainboard - found ok.
So the mainboard seems to get full 20V.

Where can I check next? Any idea?

If somebody needs more info to help me, so I will try to provide it.

Thanks alot

Benjamin

Solution
Hey,

problem solved by replacing the DC harness. Actually the old one shows correct Voltage values but somehow it didnt work.

Now everything is fine. Thanks for helping me.

Benjamin
Hi,

Have you tried another AC adapter that has the same voltage for your laptop?
- First do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up without the battery.
- If the same problem persist do try another AC adapter that has the same voltage.
- If it work with a different AC adapter same voltage with yours that only means that the AC adapter needs a replacement already.

Benjamin32

Estimable
Jan 17, 2016

Hi,

good ideas and checked alredy another AC adapter. No change.
Also tried the 20 second power button reset and also no change. Maybe I will try again in another order.

Is every laptop able to run without battery and AC adapter only?

Benjamin32

Estimable
Jan 17, 2016
Hey,

problem solved by replacing the DC harness. Actually the old one shows correct Voltage values but somehow it didnt work.

Now everything is fine. Thanks for helping me.

Benjamin

Solution