Lenovo G50-80 touchpad stopped working - no longer seen by system?

tjhickey

Commendable
Dec 5, 2016
Have a year and a half old G50-80 running Win10 and two days ago, without any warning, the touchpad stopped working.

- USB mouse works okay.
- Tried turning on/off the touchpad from the function key on the keyboard with no luck.
- Looked at the mouse settings through the control panel. I do not see the touchpad as an available device
- There is an "Elan" tab on the mouse properties dialog that also has a device list on it that is empty
- I have tried updating the drivers for the touchpad using the most recent from Lenovo and I get this message: "no appropriate driver to be installed"

I'm having a bad feeling that the hardware has simply stopped working but I'm not sure what to do next. Just fell out of warranty.

Touchpad not working? Try the following and see if it fixes it...

1. Go into "Control Panel".
2. Click "Hardware and Sound".
3. Now click "Mouse and Touchpad".
4. Now go to "Additional mouse options".
5. The Mouse Properties window will open. In here click on your device.
6. Make sure your device is set to enabled. If it isn't then click "Enable Device".
7. Exit both that screen and "Control Panel".

It should work now.

Also, you might also want to check for updates to your drivers.

tjhickey

Commendable
Dec 5, 2016
Thanks for the suggestion but, as I said, the touchpad doesn't appear as an available device. The only device that appears when I look at the "hardware" tab on the mouse properties dialog is the USB mouse that I've got attached.

Any other thoughts?

nikrocks

Honorable
Nov 6, 2013

Thanks! This fixed it!

Feb 16, 2018

Hi!!
Could you tell me how you fixed the issue? HAving the similar problem with my lenvo g50 touch pad!!