Lenovo G50 won't turn on without a charger plugged in

trishapatil.ap

Prominent
Nov 6, 2017
I have been using my laptop since 2 years and now I'm getting this problem that it's not turning on without a charger and not sure that if it's battery or motherboard. Please help me

darkbreeze

Honorable
Then the jack is fine and the battery is just not taking the charge. Pretty common. Get a new battery.

What is the exact model number of your latptop? Model number is either on a sticker on the bottom of the unit or underneath the battery there will be a sticker with the model number.

I have found Anker replacement laptop batteries to be of very good quality, and usually they hold a charge longer and have a longer life than the original ones do.

darkbreeze

Honorable
If it turns on when the AC adapter cable is connected then the problem is almost certainly got to be the battery. If there was a problem with the power jack that transfers power from the cable to both the battery and the motherboard, it would most probably either not turn on or it would show some signs of funky behavior like intermittently turning itself off due to a loss of power.

When the cable is plugged in does the power icon down in the system tray show that the battery is charging at all?

darkbreeze

Honorable
Then the jack is fine and the battery is just not taking the charge. Pretty common. Get a new battery.

What is the exact model number of your latptop? Model number is either on a sticker on the bottom of the unit or underneath the battery there will be a sticker with the model number.

I have found Anker replacement laptop batteries to be of very good quality, and usually they hold a charge longer and have a longer life than the original ones do.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 7
W Laptop Tech Support 7
W Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
JeckeL Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 4
I Laptop Tech Support 8
M Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1