Solved! Lenovo Ideapad 700(15) wont turn on unless the charger is plugged in

Xaliny

Prominent
May 10, 2017
Hello , please help me. My Lenovo Ideapad 700(15) won't turn on unless the charger is plugged in and when i take out the charger , it will automatically switched off. can't take out the battery because it is sealed , have tried to hold the power button for 20 seconds but doesn't works. Any solutions???

Solution
Well technically the battery can come out and be replaced. It just may be a real pain to get to.

Try charging the laptop when it is turned off and see if it will charge. Then see if it will turn on when not plugged in, if it does charge when turned off.

If it won't charge when turned off, then you probably need a new charger. If it won't turn on with the battery only (even if it says it was charged) then you need a new battery.

If it gives you both issues, then you probably need to replace both.

NOTE: If the device is still under warranty to do not open it up to do the battery replacement yourself. Contact the manufacturer.
Well technically the battery can come out and be replaced. It just may be a real pain to get to.

Try charging the laptop when it is turned off and see if it will charge. Then see if it will turn on when not plugged in, if it does charge when turned off.

If it won't charge when turned off, then you probably need a new charger. If it won't turn on with the battery only (even if it says it was charged) then you need a new battery.

If it gives you both issues, then you probably need to replace both.

NOTE: If the device is still under warranty to do not open it up to do the battery replacement yourself. Contact the manufacturer.

Solution