Lenovo keyboard issues

erin86

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
I have a lenovo t530 and the keyboard has started playing up. A few of the keys have stopped working - they beep but don't type. Sometimes it'll suddenly start typing the same letter repeatedly and it won't stop until I press the windows button. Same thing with the backspace key - it won't work then suddenly it deletes everything I've typed.
It started off only being the eight key, now it's spread to the y k j and backspace.

I've tried googling the problem, restarted, checked the drivers taken the keyboard off and cleaned it, nothing has helped.

An ideas?

Thanks!

Solution
NOTE: If you need to type in a password to even get into Windows to do the following, make sure you attached an external keyboard first, to get past the password. Then disconnect the external keyboard and try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.
NOTE: If you need to type in a password to even get into Windows to do the following, make sure you attached an external keyboard first, to get past the password. Then disconnect the external keyboard and try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

Solution