Lenovo L530 won't turn on

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Alberto_7

Commendable
Apr 1, 2016
Hello everybody, I have this Lenovo L530 laptop which won't turn on, what happened? One day I decided to open it and clean it, I was connected to ground to avoid any static discharge and disconnected from the wall outlet and without the battery inserted, while I was at it I tried to separate the fan from the heatsink to remove all the dirt inside but I damaged the heatsink, then I put it all together and the laptop stop working, no lights, no fan, no nothing, at first I thought it was because of the damaged heatsink, bought a new one and replaced it and even replaced the RAM, but nothing again, I was worrying about some other parts untiI today I noticed that at the moment to connect the AC adapter (laptop charger) the LED lights which indicates charging or low battery weren't lit, so no electricity is running to the laptop, I've already checked the cable and the brick from the charger and they are both fine, my only conclusion is maybe a damaged plug where the charger connect's (haven't tested yet) or maybe it has some static going on (I already did the button tricks to get rid of the static but nothing happened) or maybe the CPU or the CMOS battery or even the motherboard (btw it hasn't burn marks or so), I'm going crazy because I don't know what else to check or to do or if I'm missing something or I'm doing everything wrong... Thanks in advance and I hope finally bring it from the ashes.

Alberto_7

Commendable
Apr 1, 2016
Yes already done that when I replaced the damaged heatsink and once more when I rechecked the currents when I had the readings at the DC jack connector on the motherboard and also nothing, cleaned the socket with compressed air, at the bottom of the motherboard where the DC connector is located there are not burn marks or that smell when something electronic burns