Lenovo laptop keeps flashing logo, won't let me do anything

Milkmen12

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016
I'm having a huge issue where when i power on my Lenovo G50-70 laptop, it will slowly boot up, flash the lenovo logo, turn black, and repeat the process infinitely. i have read in similar threads that all i need to do is enter safe mode but the issue is my laptop is refusing to register or acknowledge any of the keyboard command i input, whether it be ctrl+alt+dlt, windows+i, or f8. help would be extremely appreciated, as i need this running again asap!

Note: If this problem started after an update (or system reinstall), please make sure the laptop is not connected to the internet in any way before you use the following instructions.

Try the following...

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.

If you don't make it to the circle just try it when it gets to the logo.

4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.

NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep your data, but any programs installed will be lost.

Do not do a "Reset" as that will wipe all data you have on the laptop.

Milkmen12

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016

Milkmen12

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016
thank you so much for the answer, but i can't seem to get past step 4. i've powered the laptop on and off maybe 30 times now to no avail; it always returns to the 'lenovo' logo. i can't grasp this at all. and if it makes any difference, the loading circle never appears, just the logo. where should i go from here?

Did you make sure to turn off any WiFi in the place or disconnect an Ethernet connection from the laptop before doing so? If not it could prevent this from working.

If that isn't resolving it, then I am at a loss it seems.

If anyone else has any suggestions, please chime in.

Milkmen12

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016

well a weird factor is that when this issue first occurred, my home was on a different wi-fi network than it currently is, so my laptop can't be connected to a wifi network because the one it was on is now nonexistent and our current wifi hasn't been registered on the laptop. thanks anyway!

Milkmen12

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016
i have some more background and details i could provide. prior to this issue, i was experiencing the 'Updating your system (100%) Windows 10' update issue, and i had expected powering on and off would do the trick. it led me to a blue screen with several boxes each with different contents, and it would only allow me to 'continue' to this same screen over and over. so i set the default to a 'Windows 10' in the expectation that it would lead me to my standard PC again. turns out this was not the case. for extra mentions, i don't care about the data that was stored in the laptop previously as everything that was on it i can access again externally. so if this could be solved by switching hard drives, that would be far preferable to getting a new laptop; but i don't want to risk the money if there is a simpler, free option.

If you were in the midst of an update for 10 at the time the problem initially started, that doesn't surprise me at all. That is a common one we see on here, very often. However the info I gave you would be the same way to try and fix that. Being that the update would be the cause.

If it is the hard drive, you can try uninstalling it, and connecting it to another computer externally via an adapter and see if it is readable and if needed repairable. If it can be, but still won't work on the laptop (after being put back in) then it isn't the drive.

Milkmen12

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016

would an adapter need to be purchased? i'm working from a very limited budget. what do you think the chances are that it is the hard drive? and what kind of external help can i employ? i appreciate all the help. i'm really hoping to get this whole situation fixed as soon as possible!

Milkmen12

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016
also after trying more solutions noted that holding F2 prevents the laptop from continuously restarting, but still not sure how this helps anything cause it's still stuck on the logo.

This is why I suggested testing the hard drive on another device, before going out and buying a new hard drive.

However the problem still sounds an awful lot like the update problem. Getting stuck in that loop.

Short of these options, I am not sure I know of any other options. If anyone else on here has a suggestion, please speak up :)

TRENDING THREADS