Lenovo laptop, wifi not working but Ethernet is working

CalvinL

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
Hi,

Only recently the wifi on my laptop has stopped working.
Whenever I connect to it, it'll give me the yellow triangle in the bottom right. I've tried multiple solutions, including using cmd prompt and entering different prompts. Thing is, when I plug it in with Ethernet its fine and works as usual. I've tested other computers/devices and connecting to wifi works and they have an Internet connection. I've also checked device manager, uninstalled and reinstalled all under networking and it hasn't resolved it.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

fabledareturn

Commendable
Sep 21, 2016

What OS are you running? have you tried right clicking the icon and letting windows troubleshoot find out whats wrong with it?

CalvinL

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012

Running Windows 10. Yes, I've tried that and it doesn't solve it.

fabledareturn

Commendable
Sep 21, 2016

have you tried using command prompt and typing ipconfig /release then after that finishes ipconfig /renew? Or restarting your router?

CalvinL

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012

Yes, I have done. And for IPv6 as well. No change.

fabledareturn

Commendable
Sep 21, 2016

is your connection saved to where it automatically connects to the wifi? if it does have you tried deleting the saved connection then reconnecting and entering your key again?

CalvinL

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012

Yep. It does that anyways when i uninstall the wireless adapter.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Laptop Tech Support 1
F1yingSquid Laptop Tech Support 10
jubitu8 Laptop Tech Support 0
M Laptop Tech Support 5
S Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 3
D Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1