Lenovo not charging

Dtjohnson

Commendable
Oct 28, 2016
My Lenovo laptop is not charging.

I have been through the device manager and uninstalled/re-installed the ACPI-Complaint control method battery.

The battery is sealed into the laptop and is not easily accessible.

When I first ply the laptop in it flashes on and off before seeming to charge but battery available does not increase (or decrease!)

I use Windows 10

Any ideas??

Well try this... turn the laptop completely off, not sleep or hibernate, but completely powered off, and then plug it in to charge. Does it charge that way?

If yes, then your cord is probably faulty/damaged (even if you don't see the damage) and is not getting enough power to the device to both charge the battery and run the laptop at the same time.

If it won't charge, even when turned off, then you are looking at either the battery needs replacing, or the charging circuit is fried. Either would need parts (the charging circuit may require the whole motherboard be replaced).

If the device is still under warranty, then I would contact the manufacturer about a repair or replacement.

patilgs

Prominent
Feb 7, 2017
Did you find a solution to this problem?
My Lenovo Flex 3 is having the exact same problem and I'm trying to find a fix before I send it to Lenovo and get it repaired out of warranty.
Thanks