Lenovo t550 dropped

hiuhiu

Commendable
Nov 26, 2016
Hello,

Sry, cross posting with a Lenovo sectioned forum, need quick info.

Looking for some info about possible damage to laptop from dropping.

Sadly, i recently dropped my thinkpad T550, it fell on its corner at the right screen hinge.

Case cracked around the hinge, making the base open-up for about half an inch, fan visible hanging loose.

Screen is slightly bend between the hinges , slightly twisted on the diagonal length and bezels has popped open around half of the screen (screen could not be opend -up anymore but not cracked).

Battery could not be put back in (outer case bend).

Laptop was planned to be picked up by Lenovo for inspection-repair.

Vendor checked it out and said not neccesary, they assembled it and got it flat again, only optical damage.

I have an full-omnium insurance with that specific vendor, and optical damage is suddenly not covered anymore.

Should i be worried about possible unvisible damage causing problems later on, haven't seen the inside of the laptop.

Quite worried as the laptop looked bad when i handed it over.

fagetti

Prominent
Mar 1, 2018
Looks pretty bad and there could be some damage. Cant beleive they said only optical damage By straight face :)
That looks pretty hard to repair yourself, dont really know what to say. Do you want help and info about replacing parts or what?

hiuhiu

Commendable
Nov 26, 2016
Shop refused to send it in to Lenovo for a check over, only optical they say again.
They inspected the laptop and said no damage found and closed it back up.
Before i handed the laptop over, i had seen that the fan/heatsink assembly was lose in the case.
As far as i could see the screen has been made flat again between the hinges, but is still twisted.
Bezel on the underside-inside lose (opening ¼ inch)
Rightside hinge has gone 2mm inwards in the case itself (screen closer to computer-base).
Case has been pushed back in place, push-pressure marks visible and still cracked (very sharp edges).
For now i refused this as a fix, and the laptop will be send to Lenovo for a invoice.
Any idee what the base-plate might cost?