Lenovo thinkpad P51s stuck in boot manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 16, 2019
My thinkpad (P51s, windows 10) crashed. Now when I start it up I see the lenovo splash screen that says to interupt normal startup, press enter. Then it will go to the boot menu (blue and gray screen with two tabs, boot menu and app menu, under boot menu my options are windows boot manager and PCI Lan, under app menu my options are Diagnostic Splash Screen and Lenovo Diagnosics). When I select windows boot manager the screen refreshes. I have run the lenovo diagnostics (took about 10 hours) and everything passed. I have reset the computer and changed the bios boot order, no impact. I have tried to start up with it unplugged and with just the external battery, just the internal battery, just plugged in and on the docking station, no change. Every once in a while after resetting it 50 or so times it will start windows and everything will work fine. Sometimes it will run fine all day, sometimes it will run fine for a couple hours and then close all the programs, flash the screen, and I can't open anything so my only option is to hard shut down. When windows does start I have run all the windows and Lenovo updates, as well as turning off quick start. I have tried reimaging the computer, no change. Any help is appreciated because I'm out of ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.