Lenovo Thinkpad T440 Reset Help

dkerwood01

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013
I received a Lenovo Thinkpad T440 from my Aunt after my Uncle died, knowing that I needed a laptop. I have not ever used Lenovo or had an ultrabook before.

It is a touchscreen from what she said but is running Win 7.

When I start it up, I get "Windows Bitlocker Drive Encryption Recovery Key Entry". And of course I know nothing about this and neither does she.

I really want to install Win 8 on it, and I am fairly tech minded, having built two desktops, but I know nothing about installing Win 8 through USB (which I think I have to do without a disk drive).

Will installing Win 8 via USB take care of the encryption issue? I care nothing for what is on the SSD, I just want a laptop that works.

I have no issues buying Win 8 and doing that .. but I guess I need a tutorial for this. I know this question has probably been asked a hundred times here, but maybe someone can narrow the results down to fit my situation.

Thank you in advance...
Daniel

dkerwood01

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013

Could you provide a link detailing the steps needed to install from USB? I did this method but at the end, I got "invalid ISO" error message. Frustrating.