INTELligent Life

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
[I originally posted this in Systems: Prebuilt, but perhaps it should better have been posted here...]

There are two Lenovo notebooks currently being sold that I cannot get any reliable information on. They are actually two configurations of the same line: the V460, models 0886-2AU and 0886-2BU.

These units are not actually sold by Lenovo and there is no mention of them on the Lenovo web site, nor does anyone you can get on the phone at Lenovo know anything about them. They are listed on sites like Amazon.com, Buy.com, Newegg.com, etc, but they basically all use the same set of pictures, which don't match the descriptions (the pictures indicate an HDMI out port, but the specifications don't). Even more curiously, not a single site has any user reviews at all, so I can't even get a feel for what experience others have had with them. This makes me extremely suspicious, even though what I've seen looks like it might be a good fit for my current needs.

Does anyone know anything about these notebooks, particularly what the difference is between the 2AU and 2BU configurations (besides the i3 and i5 processors), and why Lenovo won't "claim" any knowledge of them?

If you go by specs alone, the only difference is the processor which would explain the $50 price difference.

And they are actually on their website: http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/...9B9900C26477E80D83D25C210B6FC&tabname=Gallery

The one on the site is another variant, the V460 - 088623U, which comes with better graphics. Most likely the ones you see on newegg and such are retail only variants that they don't sell on their website. However, if you go to the support page and look them up, they are there.

INTELligent Life

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
Thanks for responding. I did already see the 23U configuration on Lenovo's site, the singular V460 they have there (and more expensive), but when I went to the support site, I still did not find any information about the 2AU or 2BU configurations. If you found anything, would you post the URL so I can go directly to that page?