Lenovo won't turn on from sleep but light is flashing

Zebra145

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016
I put my Lenovo laptop into sleep last night, this morning, the power button is flashing to indicate it is in sleep mode, but it will not wake up. I have tried wiggling the mouse, clocking lots of buttons, clicking the power button, and even holding down the power button to do a complete shut down. None of these have worked, even when it is plugged in to the mains! Please help!

Try the following and see if it will turn on.

1. Unplug your charger cord.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds and see if the device will turn on.
4. If it does, great, now plug back in the power/charger cord. (If it didn't turn on without the cord in, it should turn on once you it is in.)
5. Now put the battery back in.

If this lets it turn on for you, great!

Now you may be able to get to the root of the problem by checking the device driver settings in the Windows Device Manager utility.

Try the following and see if it will turn on.

1. Unplug your charger cord.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds and see if the device will turn on.
4. If it does, great, now plug back in the power/charger cord. (If it didn't turn on without the cord in, it should turn on once you it is in.)
5. Now put the battery back in.

If this lets it turn on for you, great!

Now you may be able to get to the root of the problem by checking the device driver settings in the Windows Device Manager utility.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mercury619 Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 8
Psychedelico Laptop Tech Support 4
K Laptop Tech Support 0
Pato9097 Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 13
X Laptop Tech Support 3
I Laptop Tech Support 1
Tribalworm Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 10