Lenovo X1 Yoga Touchscreen Completely Unresponsive

hlevans1365

Prominent
Jan 31, 2018
So I have a Lenovo X1 Yoga, and recently the touchscreen display completely stopped. The screen works fine, just the touch bit that's broken. I also checked Device Manager, and under HID, I didn't see what looked like any touchscreen drivers. I tried installing the Wacom ones that are supposed to come with the system, but when I installed, it said 'a supported tablet was not found on the system.' I am fairly confident that these are the right drivers, and am not sure exactly what the issue is. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. On a different note, if I use the 'Emergency Reset Button' on the bottom of the laptop, will that wipe the hard drive? Thanks!

Sep 20, 2018
Exactly same problem here. I've gone through all Lenovo offered drivers many times but results. Updating the Touch Firmware fails with "Target device not found".

So, of course, if device is not detected, the driver/firmware/whatever will not be installed.

My idea (not tested yet) is to see if I could access tablet via Linux Live edition and then maybe upgrade the firmware...

Edit: Just seen that post was from January... (How) Did you solve the issue?