Lenovo X60 tablet get over heat after installing windows 8 and battery couldnt charge or work

mohkhamis

Estimable
Dec 7, 2014
Laptop x 60 get over heat and smoke from the fan appear , I pulled out the battery when i see smoke and repleace windows 8 with windows 7, the smoke come after I check battery optoin on windows 8 for life time spanning, then now its working on windows 7 only on AC , battery cannot charge, I bought new one same and another new battery is the same nothing change, I belive there is a problem in the charging circuit, because it charge only 0 % on linux and also the yellow led is blinking for the battery led

Welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums,
When smoke first appeared from the unit, you should have done anything other than turn it back on. Smoke us never a good sign from electronics and any time you see it from a computing device your first response should always be to unplug the device and seek professional repair. Could be a simple repair if addressed right away while each later attempt simply compounds issues making repair more difficult
I will suggest seeking a professional repair facility here, you may still be looking at a simple repair (no way to tell here) but I will highly suggest you do not attempt to power it on again
Afterthought, had this tablet been disassembled prior to the overheating/smoke event?