Lenovo Y50-70 random numbers appearing when typing.

Aug 24, 2018
Little issue with my Y50-70.
I was shopping online and suddenly my keyboard started messing up. (presumably I have pressed something however I am not sure what it is.)
Now random numbers seem to pop up along with the letters I'm pressing for example d = d3
The opposite is happening on the numbers part of the keyboard.
I have checked software wise and it is on the UK Qwerty layout and the UK location which are both correct to the laptop.
I am wondering if there are a certain set of keys I could have pressed which has caused the issue. I have tried some of the suggested fixes on google and I am concerned it could be a faulty keyboard?

Solution
NOTE: If you need to type in a password to even get into Windows to do the following, make sure you attached an external keyboard first, to get past the password. Then disconnect the external keyboard and try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting/reconnecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

Additionally, if your device uses one, you may want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

You may also want to check the device for malware, viruses...
NOTE: If you need to type in a password to even get into Windows to do the following, make sure you attached an external keyboard first, to get past the password. Then disconnect the external keyboard and try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting/reconnecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

Additionally, if your device uses one, you may want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

You may also want to check the device for malware, viruses, etc., which can interfere with normal operation.

Solution