bige513

Estimable
Aug 12, 2015
Hey Y'all,
I'm in a bit of a situation. Recently I purchased the Lenovo-Y50 laptop (got it a few days ago) and I am very confused as to why the frame rate on games such as Call of Duty: World at War and Minecraft are not above 60. I have done some researching but I can't seem to fix this issue. I have already set my power plan to performance, I have been to my GeForce control panel and set all the games and apps to the NVIDIA Graphics Processor (not the shortcuts), made the NVIDIA processor my global processor, and optimized games that can be optimized via the NVIDIA GeForce Experience. I have also turned the FPS optimizer up to 60, but it cannot go any further. I have done this in the Intel Integrated graphics processor and the GeForce. My drivers are also up to date. I don't know what else there is for me to do to increase my frame rate, and I am bummed out because I bought this computer thinking it would be a top tier performer. If anyone could leave me some tips or tricks to help with this issue, that would be much appreciated.

Here are my Specs:
GPU: GeForce GTX 960M
CPU: Intel Core i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
Memory: 16.00 GB RAM (15.91 GB Usable)
Res: 1920 x 1080, 60Hz
Driver Version: 353.62

Thank Y'all for your help!
If I left out anything don't be shy to ask.

bige513

Estimable
Aug 12, 2015

Couldn't find anything in the intel graphics driver, but then I went to the GeForce control panel and turned off vertical Sync. Now I'm getting 100+ fps.
Thank you so much!!