Lenovo Y580 Motherboard and CPU replacement

stewazy

Prominent
Feb 4, 2018
Hello, my NVIDIA GPU broke down, the only way the get a working GPU is to replace the motherboard. I've found a new motherboard but it is without CPU. So my question is the following: Is it possible to take the CPU from the old motherboard and use it on the new one?

Solution
Because your computer is laptop, you will need the excatly model MB, otherwise it may not fit into the Y580 laptop case. If you get the one is the excatly same, then you can take the CPU and install it into the new MB. You may ask your friend or local PC shop for help. If you want to DIY, recommend to find the video in youtube. Like how to open your laotop, replace the cpu, etc.

cin19

Distinguished
Because your computer is laptop, you will need the excatly model MB, otherwise it may not fit into the Y580 laptop case. If you get the one is the excatly same, then you can take the CPU and install it into the new MB. You may ask your friend or local PC shop for help. If you want to DIY, recommend to find the video in youtube. Like how to open your laotop, replace the cpu, etc.

Solution