Lenovo Y70-70 Touch - Horizontal Lines blinking but fine in safe mode and bios

xsoulxslayerx

Estimable
Nov 25, 2015
Hi,

i am a computer technician i got a laptop from my friend to get it fixed.
the problem is pretty common in this model but still cannot pin point the problem.
i will tell you guys what i already did.

1) Updated the bios to current up to date version
2) Updated Graphics Card both Nvidia and Intel
3) Performed clean Installation
4) Checked and reconnected the connection of LCD at both ends (Motherboard and LCD panel)
5) Changed Ram
6) Changed Hybird drive to SSD clean install
7) Changed to HDD clean install
8) Changed Battery
9) Run with battery power only
10) Run with AC power only (Battery disconnected)
11) Disabled each graphics card one by one to run windows
12 Installed intel rapid share technology app

Now i have run out of options please some one help me out.
Problem:

1)The problem is it shows blinking horizontal lines on lcd screen but fine when using external screen using HDMI
2) There is also no horizontal Lines blinking when it is in Bios or windows safe mode

Edit : I think it could be a driver problem but cannot figure out which one as LCD works fine in bios and safe mode and graphics card also works fine on external display

ffg7

Splendid
replace the screen as external monitor does not have that issue & safemode uses generic vga driver which does not stress the screen that normal mode proper video drivers do. only 3 things important you didn't change was the screen, videocable & motherboard. could try the screen on another laptop that has same connector on back of screen to see if does same or not.

xsoulxslayerx

Estimable
Nov 25, 2015

i can try other screen or even vga cable but is it definitely not the driver issue ?
i mean screen works fine in bios and safe mode but starts blinking horizontal lines in normal mode. Moreover, it does blinking in normal mode on lcd but no horizontal lines on external screen.
please give me some solution if you have come across the same or relevant problem

xsoulxslayerx

Estimable
Nov 25, 2015

All right then i will order the vga cable to test it.
meanwhile does anyone know any software to test LED of lenovo laptops?

xsoulxslayerx

Estimable
Nov 25, 2015

So you are saying it could be GPU? even if display is fine on external

xsoulxslayerx

Estimable
Nov 25, 2015

Oh ok
thats what my experience is if its GPU it will do the same behaviour like on lcd