Lenovo Yoga Pro 2 stuck on wrong display

jha9

Estimable
Jul 13, 2015
So I did a dumb thing - i changed the display adapter settings on my laptop (i think i changed to TV or something) and now I can't get it back to just show my laptop's own monitor.

Yes, i've tried plugging in different monitors using the micro hdmi but that doesn't work.

I've tried using the Novo button but i'm afraid to "reset to setup mode" or "restore factory keys". I'm not sure what they do and don't want to lose everything on my laptop. What can i do to "reset" my display to normal? Thanks

Does it work on any external display? You'll likely need to get into control panel and change the settings there (best to always 'duplicate' screens, rather than only use an external display (that way you can always see whats on your laptop).

Unfortunately I don't know of any keyboard shortcuts etc to switch this (somebody might be able to help you out there).

jha9

Estimable
Jul 13, 2015
The problem is I changed the external display to something like "TV" and now when I start up my laptop i don't see anything cuz it's looking for the TV monitor or something. I get the Lenovo logo screen but then it's blank. So I tried the Novo button but i don't know if I should use reset to setup mode or restore factory keys. Does restore factory keys do a factory reset to another "restore" point? Thanks

I'm really not sure what you mean by "TV". Normally your external options would be by connection method I believe (HDMI, VGA etc).

If your laptop is looking for a specific external display, in order to see, you'll need to give it the display it's looking for and change it when you can see what you're selecting. If you've selected a TV (connected via HDMI), then reconnect your laptop to the TV and change the display options that way.

I don't have a Yoga 2 Pro, and I'm not too familiar with the 'Novo' button, but if you've created restore points, you can select one of those, opposed to factory reset - as per Page 25