LEPY Hi Fi Amp to Car Radio PreAmp Output Compatibility

Jun 19, 2018
Have radio with front and back preamp outputs 2 VRMS. I have wired 2 front speakers 4 ohm units to regular radio FRONT L and R output wires, they work fine. What I am trying to accomplish is use the REAR preamp radio output RCA connects to a LEPY 12 volt mini hi fi amp using the RCA inputs. Cannot get radio sound through amp to back speakers, the back speakers are 8 ohm bookshelf types, nothing fancy with 14 gauge speaker wire from amp to speakers. The back speakers work fine when connecting directly to the radio rear speakers L and R output wires and bypass the amp. Can 1 channel of the radio preamp output for rear speakers and the normal output wires for FRONT be used at the same time? I do not use the rear radio normal output wires when trying to use the amp to drive the rear speakers. The receiver is a Dual brand, MCP1337BTS Digital Media Receiver. My gut says the LEPY Hi-fi amp is not designed to receive car radio preamp outputs as inputs for processing. This is for my boat.

Solution
Problem fixed. Bad Amp from self infliction.. New amp connected, worked as expected. Root cause was DC cord I cut from A/C adapter to make battery supply to amp was polarity from shell side and female insert was backwards to what amp polarity required. When it blew fuse on first power up must of smoked amp. Replaced fuse, unit still powered up, no output thus my posted initial problem. New Amp, no problem. Thnaks
The 2v output of the Dual is the same as any standard line level output so that isn't the problem.
Could the front to rear fade control on the Dual be set all the way to the front?
Could the Lepai not be receiving 12v power? There should be an indicator light.
The speaker wire connections from the Dual should work at the same time as the preamp outputs.
Connect the Lepai to the front preamp outputs to see if it works then.

Jun 19, 2018
Fade control is in middle no offset.
Power confirmed, unit does light up.
Good news on both type outputs work same time.
Will try moving to front preamps out of radio good idea.
Also if radio has equalizer built in and loud feature should those items also be turned off?

Jun 19, 2018

Jun 19, 2018
Problem fixed. Bad Amp from self infliction.. New amp connected, worked as expected. Root cause was DC cord I cut from A/C adapter to make battery supply to amp was polarity from shell side and female insert was backwards to what amp polarity required. When it blew fuse on first power up must of smoked amp. Replaced fuse, unit still powered up, no output thus my posted initial problem. New Amp, no problem. Thnaks

Solution